Occupational Therapist, MOT, OTR/L
Being a holistic and integrative pediatric Occupational Therapist is the BE ST job in the world! I embrace the mind, body, spirit connection and support my clients and their families to working towards balancing all components in their lives through my holistic and integrative OT practice .I am a strong believer in the mantra of OT which is “Living Life to It’s Fullest”. I am a therapist, a guide, and a coach, whose primary goal is to empower my clients and their families to live their lives in the most purposeful, meaningful, holistic, and blissful ways through my service.
I have been practising as an OT for 8 years in both California and in Hawaii. I have worked in a variety of settings such as hospitals (children+adults), schools, an equine center providing hippotherapy, and various outpatient clinics. I have pediatric experience providing OT evaluation, treatment planning, and skilled interventions to infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents with disorders that affect development of motor skills and behavioral skills within the professional scope of OT practice. I have taught yoga to children in groups and individually, in order to assist with improvements in motor planning skills, self regulation, body awareness, and aiming to improve muscle strength and joint range of motion. I also have a passion in assisting children and adolescents who experience pediatric pelvic floor dysfunction (i.e urinary incontinence, constipation, pelvic pain, encopresis, toileting difficulties). Most recently I have partnered with my canine assistant/fur therapist, Nelly, in order to provide canine intervention therapy/animal assisted therapy in order to assist my clients with reaching their OT goals in a playful way.
My OT practice is centered around holistic and integrative interventions. I utilize the following treatment interventions with my clients:
-Sensory Integration Approach
-Canine Intervention Therapy/Animal Assisted Therapy (utilizing the human animal bond to assist with OT goal achievement)
-Mindfulness practice/Breath work
-Creative expression with art, movement, and music
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports Medicine- University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA
- Master of Occupational Therapy-Samuel Merritt University, Oakland, CA
- YogaEd Teacher Training- Certified Yoga teacher to instructed K-8th grade
children (July 2013).
- YogaEd Teacher Training- Certified Yoga teacher to instructed 9th -12th grade
children (September 2014).
- Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) Practitioner Certification. (August 2015)
- SOS Feeding Approach Workshop/Certification (December 2015)
- AHA Level I Hippotherapy Certification (April 2016)
- Professional Biofeedback Certification Course (December 2016-January
- Bergin University of Canine Studies –Facility dog training in order utilize
Canine Intervention Therapy/Animal Assisted Therapy Intervention in
Occupational Therapy clinical practice (April-May 2017)
Connect with Quiara: firstname.lastname@example.org